Site number 951 (.nz extension); 832059 (global rank)
Bill Bennett | journalist. Bill Bennett. journalist. Menu. Skip to content. home. about. contact.
New Zealand media on Twitter. disambiguation. Chromebook envy? No, me neither. Leave a reply.
Google promotes Acer’s Chromebook.Given the importance of everything cloud, you might ask yourself why haven’t Google Chromebooks taken off in New Zealand.
It’s partly because they haven’t been officially launched here.
Chromebooks are low-cost laptops designed for use with cloud applications. Think of them as thin clients.
Physically most Chromebooks sit somewhere between the traditional laptop and the Ultrabook format. Typically they have low-end processors and small SSDs. Many have built-in 3G data modems.
Chromebooks run Google’s lightweight Chrome OS. The operating system is effectively a swept-up version of Google’s Chrome browser. That makes it idea to use with cloud applications, especially Google Apps. Actually, they can’t realistically run anything other than cloud apps.
So why ...
||Alexa Rank Date
Access traffic rank of billbennett.co.nz (site position)
Server IP of billbennett.co.nz: 184.108.40.206
(hosted by Via Net.Works USA)
Domain extension: .nz
(list top sites in New Zealand)
- chromebook (Acer Chromebook)
billbennett.co.nz is linking to those sites:
- Bill Bennett
- New Zealand media on Twitter
- Chromebook envy? No, me neither
- Chromebooks vs Windows 8 certified systems
- 2,000 schools are using Chromebooks
- Google’s Chromebooks are Set to Stay Fit Over the Years
- Maybe Those Chromebooks Weren’t Such A Crazy Idea After All
- Google +1
- personal computer
- Dell now private, problems remain
- Why Dell is being taken private again
- Information Technology
- Are the wheels coming off New Zealand’s ultrafast broadband?
- wasted no time blasting the government
- writes at InternetNZ
- Three reasons government shouldn’t price discriminate against copper networks
- Chorus pricing highlights copper-fibre conflict
- Govt telco inteference doomed – Patterson
- New Zealand
- Look, you’re right, okay? But you’re also wrong
- Kindle Paperwhite pushes ads at you but is still the best e-ink Kindle to own
- Reblogged from Martinborough Musings:
- Callaghan Innovation debuts
- the Callaghan Institute
- New state science arm Callaghan Innovation starts up
- If Callaghan Innovation is the answer – remind me again what was the question?
- Job number one at BlackBerry: Beat Windows Phone 8
- the Nokia Lumia 920
- Lumia 920
- Older posts
- Friday Street
- Bill Bennett Google+
- Scoop business, science, technology
- freelance journalist
site visit date: 2013-02-05 23:19:00
billbennett.co.nz site information